• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How Many others Come Alive?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Always come alive this time of year.Don't even need an Alarm Clock to get up.

Woke this morning decided to go below the house and go Squirrel Hunting.Got down there and set down.Started getting light.Started hearing a comotion in the trees above me.It was a flock of Turkeys,let them fly down.I'll be after them in couple weeks.

Picked up a couple stones started doing my Nut Cutting.Here come a little Grey,one down.Waited started cutting again.Here come another Grey,two down.Walked down a little.Seen a Grey but couldn't get a shot.Sat there,here come a young one feeding on the ground.Three down.Plenty for Supper.Go back to the house.

Get up there my four legged kids think I'm the best smelling thing around.Get the Squirrels cleaned.Get my Gun cleaned.Getting ready to wash my Hunting Clothes.Latter Crock Pot for the Squirrels.

Love the cool weather,won't be long until Turnips,Apple Cider,and Wood Smoke.

oneshot

An hour before dawn is when we are supposed to drink our coffee this time of year!
So far I am tied with last year on doves in one trip out. I am still chasing the squirrels with the airguns mainly, but I have removed the scope on them getting ready for later in the year with the 36 and open sights. Getting real fond of having that little 12 guage over my arm!
I was driving about a week ago and saw what I thought were three emu's feeding in stubble. As we drove past them, it was three of the biggest gobblers I have ever seen, or maybe three bigger than anything I have ever seen. The beard on the one I saw clearly at about 12 yards was about 2 inches around and close to 18 inches I would guess! Just imagine an emu with a beard that almost drug the ground. I just about wrecked the car! A buck to compare would look like an elk!

I totally understand, except the alarm clock part. 4 kids wear me out, but they do let me know why I go to work every day! My 2nd just passed Hunter's Safety tonight, so I have another hunting partner :thumbsup: Some of the best parts of this addiction is passing it along. Good job on the squirrels. Our season hasn't started yet, but soon. Can't wait!

Yep,
This is my favorite time of year. My boy and I have been out a time or two chasing rabbits, squirrel season opened last weekend but I had to go out of town. Killing me too, I have a brand new J. Brown Carolina Smoothbore I need to break in...
Spot

Yep it that time again. Getting ready for the squirels. I had built a .32 perc for my sons birthday in Jan., but I picked up a .36\.50 combo that I will give him instead. It is the bobcat model. I figure two guns are better than one. I will use the little .32 to get some squirels on Oct. 1. We will be eating squirell stew soon. I can wait to get out in the woods and watch the world come alive before my eyes.
Rob

Back