• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How to export Mark lee express blue to France

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ponstre

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello,
From what I have read , Mark Lee express blue is really the blueing solution I need , I am tired of the lack of longevity of the cold blue processes.
The problem is that when ordering it from Brownells it says that it is hazardous product and therefore cant be shipped to France.
I tried to call Mark Lee but no reply at all.
Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks a lot.

Regis

Unless you are trying to get a polished bluing similar to fine revolvers you could use the conversion process for browning.
It is commonly called "rust bluing" and involves rust browning the surface and then converting the brown rust to a black/blue form by boiling the part in pure water.

This process usually produces a non glossy surface though.

If the process is highly controlled as it was when Colt and Smith & Wesson used it years ago it can produce the rich dark glossy bluing that their revolvers were known for.

The solutions for rust browning are usually not considered as hazardous.

You might have an easier time just making the solution yourself. A slow rust blue is a better alternative to the Belgium Blueing process as far as looks and durability goes. Anything that works for a rust brown will work for a rust blue.

Back