• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Howard New Antique Pistol, Finely Engraved, .58 Cal Smoothbore (1817-1825)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrailWalker

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Up for grabs is a 19th century pistol made by Henry New of Birmingham between 1817 and 1825. It's been period converted to percussion from its original configuration as a flintlock pistol. The barrel is a smoothbore and it mics at approximately .58 caliber; bore condition is good with only minor freckling. When it came to me, it had a couple of minute cracks (one above the wedge on the left hand side and another below it on the right) that I was able to imbue with Titebond Ultimate via the use of a syringe; these areas are no doubt stronger than they ever were before and the repair has diminished the appearance of said cracks considerably.

While it does retain its original nipple, I discovered that a T/C Renegade nipple will fit it perfectly and I will include one in its sale. I have test-fired this firearm multiple times with 25 grains of 3f and a .562 diameter ball. See the video below! Includes a 2-cavity Lee mold and .58 caliber cleaning jag. The pistol functions perfectly with a very positive half and full cock, and I believe it to be sound. While I wouldn’t hesitate to shoot it regularly, inspection by a professional gunsmith is highly recommended.

Asking $1,100 shipped and insured, though reasonable offers will be considered. I accept most forms of payment, to include Venmo, Zelle, and PayPal F&F.

Attachments

• IMG_3397.jpeg
    IMG_3397.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3398.jpeg
    IMG_3398.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3399.jpeg
    IMG_3399.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3400.jpeg
    IMG_3400.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3401.jpeg
    IMG_3401.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3402.jpeg
    IMG_3402.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3403.jpeg
    IMG_3403.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3404.jpeg
    IMG_3404.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3405.jpeg
    IMG_3405.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3406.jpeg
    IMG_3406.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You don’t see many .58 smoothbore pistols out there— much less in this condition. Get it before it sells locally!

Motivated to sell and open to reasonable offers! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you’re interested.

Latest posts

Back