• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy from Niceville, FL

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice forum. Really enjoy the info. Moved to Florida from Overland Park, KS two years ago. Want to move back to the cold weather but the wife will divorce me. The deer down here are about the size of dogs. Have used caplocks in the past but now want to get into some flintlock shooting. Am also planning on building a .62 caliber Transitional Longrifle. Currently researching the process and hope to hook up with someone in my area who has some building experience.

Musketboy

Hey musketboy...

Don't they have a black powder alligator season down there in florida?

They're bigger than those dog-sized deers you got...
grin.gif

Welcome to the forum...

"I can hear 'zonie now, OMG, thar's tu of them mooskeetpeoples now..."

Thanks Musketman,

I know they have an alligator season here but I really don't want to bag one as they keep the dog and cat population down on the golf course. Haw! All these old ladies wonder how Scruffy
disappeared! The neighborhood is always littered with missing dog/cat leaflets !

Take care!

Scott

quote:Originally posted by Stumpkiller:
Gawd! They're multiplyin!Just for the record, Musketboy and I are not related...
grin.gif

Now me and musketdawg, that's a muskethorse of a different color...

Funny post STUMP' I enjoyed it...
grin.gif

Again, welcome MB...

Welcome! "Niceville, Florida". Now why can't thar be a town in Arizonie with a name like that?
All we get are thins like "Why" an "Punkin Center"!!
Anyways welcome ta the fire. Pull up a log an' hav' a seat, or jus sit har on the ground like me.
Lot's o good people har so's iffen ye have any questions 'bout anythin that loads from the muzzle (ceptin fer ma wife. She's off limits) just ask.
If ye have an opnion 'bout anythin jus speak up.

As fer that Mooskeetmans comment; "I can hear 'zonie now, OMG, thar's tu of them mooskeetpeoples now..." dont let that skeer ye. Any kin of Mooskeetmans is OK by me (even iffen he don't claim ta be related) 'ceptin am MooskeetCats. Ah got's enough cats 'round my house fer all of us.
grin.gif

Hi Zonie,

Sorry about names like Punkin Center but I actually visited a town in Arkansas called Toad Suck! Have no idea what that means!

Scott

Welcome Musketboy,
You may have little deer there, but I hear you have big hogs ! I would trade a 200 pound whitetail for a 300 pound hog any day.

Back