• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huntinfool

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the board but not to ML! I've been huntin' and shooting MLs for about 35 years! Re-enacting and shooting flinters for about 4 yrs!

Here's a pic of my babies!

124251.jpg

I've had them two years now I've taken 4 deer with the rifle and 1 deer with the pistol! They are both .50 cal!
Keep Yer Powder Dry
Chuck

Glad you found us!
I think you will find we are a friendly bunch here and we are always glad to have new people like you join up.

Huntinfool, anyone from West-by-God is welcome. I grew up in the eastern panhandle myself. Where are you located? Nice pair of guns you got there. Sam :)

Huntinfool, Welcome to the Camp !!! I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself, each time to come and visit, and take in all the information it has to offer. I'm located on the other side of the Mountains. (Oregon) You are right about one thing, you have some great looking babies,
what caliber are they?
Take Care, Mtn-Man2u :) ( Steve )

Hey guys,

I'm from Hurricane WV that's half way between Charleston and Huntington. Bob Walden made my guns he's my mentor in BP and re-enacting also.

They both handle the same .490 ball and patch combo perfectly. The rifle has a Douglas barrel the pistol has a Ed Rayl barrel. The maple came from the central part of WV. Chambers locks they ain't kit guns.

I've got a bullet block, a knife handle, and a pipe hawk all from the same wood!

Here's how they started out.
126903.jpg

Here's a pic of my gunsmith shootin' a squirrel rifle he built some 35 years ago!

124259.jpg

I've got several pics of different stages of completion!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Keep Yer Powder Dry
"The Chuckster"

Beautifull Guns!Keep the photos comming.Welcome to the Forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif :applause:

Alright Gordy you asked for it. Look for future pics in the appropriate forum. Flintlock pics I believe!

Hf - Neat picture there!!

Best to ya, sse

P.S. I LOVE pics of muzzleloaders!!!!!!

Welcome Huntinfool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif The more the merrier.LOL Love the shootin irons. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif It takes tallent and skill to creat shootin irons that pretty.

Back