• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drwhip

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy to all from NW Montana. I found this forum whilst searching for sign bringing me back to muzzleloading after 20 some years. Used to be into it heavy when I was back in high school then got lost....now back after having played with those modern shootin' irons since then. Looking for a little more soul to those woods walks I take looking for critters, and browned steel suits me fine. Friend of mine gave me a copy of "Carry the Wind" by Terry Johnston and the fire was rekindled something fierce! Am now in the process of building a S. Hawken .54 Mountain Rifle which I hope to take an elk with this fall. Anyways, look forward to jawin' with all you as the need arises. Thanks, Bearman

Howdy Back at you Bearman,
Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of great info from great folks here.
IM jay :thumbsup:be

Hiya Bearman. If you like muzzleloaders, you have certainly found the right camp! Going after critters myself this year with a PRB. First time leavin modern shootin irons at home. Welcome, and see ya 'round the campfires! :thumbsup:

Greetings from the Sunny Southland, Bearman! Hope to see a picture of the Hawken posted when you finish it. I too have gravitated away from modern hunting firearms and am happy to have found a like-minded group here at the Forum. :redthumb:

Bearman,
welcome to the forum glad to have you
on board. you live in some beautiful country
out there. i sometimes wonder if you folks that
live in those areas know how lucky you are. if
i sound a tad jealous its because i am :boohoo: :boohoo:
hope you will join in whenever you can.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :thumbsup: :) :peace: :)

Welcome back Bearman. I'm still somewhat new to muzzleloading, but just can't get enough of it. This is a great fourm to be a part of. I'll be taking my hand at elk this year with my GPR and a PRB. Welcome again. :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard Bearman!
This forum is a great place. When it comes to muzzle-loaders & re-enacting, I usually feel like the lone ranger unless I'm at a gathering. This is an online gathering/rendezvous where you can do research, chat, or learn about anything. No pesty flatlanders interrupting all the time either! :winking:
Bill :thumbsup:

Back