• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunter survives muzzleloader mishap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
roundball said:
Unless the photo & light is playing tricks on us, the trigger guard appears blue so my guess would be a Renegade

I was thinking a Rennegade as well.Looks just like the one here alongside me.

-----was he Mex? they might have to print the warnings on the barrels in Spanish also----- :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: think he will try T.C.s warranty on that gun?-----

" told investigators that he had loaded the muzzleloader with modern smokeless gunpowder instead of the required black powder,”"

Maybe so.....or could it have been an Indian barrel made of tubing?

J. R.

It is probably a dangerous assumption that our hero here could read the warning on the barrel!

Of course he could read. He knew he should only use BLACK powder so,when he saw that the Bullseye his buddy was reloading with was BLACK in color, he went out and bought some.

Old Coot

Gote Rider said:
I bet that is the last time he does that. Well with that gun anyway.

'Well, folks, it's truly amazing what can be done with a liberal application of Duct tape...'

Red Green

[tac]

The TC Renegade or Seneca are good quality arms, used under the right circumstances of course.

The last one I saw was clearly marked for Black Powder use only.

Maybe he couldn't read.

tac

I would be willing to bet he is looking for a lawyer to sue the powder manufacturer because they didn't print "don't use in guns designed to use black powder" on the can. This is the first move for most idiots.

Stupid is as Stupid dose..

When I worked on the streets, we had a saying,,

98% of all that get hurt from trauma, are done by people that cause it to themself from doing stupid things..

It shows he is part of the 98%

Well, we know our friend "T" blew up his savage with smokeless powder...maybe this is "T" in drag, trying to make money some other way

Darwin strikes again! Nothing like pouring a bit of bleach into the shallow end of the gene pool........

That guy is stupid on multiple levels. Afterall, he was trying to unload it when it went off in the first place.

Reminds me of a short conversation I had with a guy at a gunshow once. He didn't want anything to do with muzzleloaders because "they blow up too easily". His brother had apparently managed to blow several of them up. He didn't know how, but I'm assuming smokeless powder.

wonder how he was trying to unload it? I am thinking there must be more to the story.

Back