• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting New Mexico.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twice boom

50 Cal.
Reaction score
A buddy and I are leaving on a hunting trip come Tues Morning. . The game plan was to head to North Central Kansas for two or three days before driving to Arizona for our remaining trip. The weather for that part of Kansas does not look good. I was thinking instead of Kansas to drive down to Dobbs NM ,familiar territory ,unfortunately the weather does not look all that promising there either.
So I am thinking maybe a day or two of hunting somewhere around Albuquerque to break from the long drive. Being that I have not hunted that part of N M I’m wondering how hunt able public land will be available to us, if any. . Any members live in that area that are willing to lend a helping hand.
Much appreciated in advance.
Twice.

I live about 25 miles south of Albuquerque, and I'm sorry to say, there's just no hunting around here any more. Alb. is surrounded by reservations to the north, west, and south. To the east are mountains, so the city has basically grown all it can, and there is absolutely no firearms discharging allowed within the greater Alb. area.

When I was a kid, I could hunt all kinds of small game along the Rio Grande, or hunt rabbits and doves on the west side, but it's all houses now. Breaks my heart :( .

Not much here south of town where I live, just a million miles of desert, with hardly a rabbit to shoot at. We have a few coyotes here, but you won't see one under a few hundred yards, since the area is so flat. Excellent dove hunting though, in Sept.

We used to have a great time hunting cottontails around Roswell, which is alot like Hobbs (I think you meant Hobbs), so that may still be your best bet for small game hunting.

Sorry I can't offer more, there has just been a huge influx of out-of-staters move here in the last ten years, mostly due to California's great politics :( (and I don't want to get started on that subject :cursing: ), and there just isn't any land here left to hunt on. Bill

Everywhere I look I see bad weather coming in. If we had left a week early we would have been hunting in the 40's in Ks. Darn it. Straight to AZ it will be then. Thanks guys.
Twice.

70 here in Tucson today. 30s in the mornings. Lots of places to hunt also.

Mike

Thanks for the weather report Mike.
I look forward to visiting Arizona once again.
Thanks.
Twice.

Back