• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting pictures

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountainman56

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Well my bride started picking on me after she saw me checking out everyone else’s hunting posts and pictures I thought I’d better share my hunting pics this year. Old Mabel (my .50 cal Lyman GPR) and I have had a fine time this season. In the last month we’ve bagged a couple coyotes, a turkey, a whitetail doe and a fairly nice little buck that gave me a hard time for a week or so. I could never get downwind of him as he was always backed up against a couple hundred acres of impenetrable mesquite. However one day the wind switched 180 degrees and I guess he wasn’t paying close enough attention. After I spotted him I was able to creep up a tree line. He was still a little over 100 yards out and I could tell he was getting a little nervous so Mabel stuck one behind his shoulder and that was that. He ran about 100 yards before piling up with a through and through on both lungs.

11-06-07_1123.jpg

101_0184.jpg

101_0212.jpg

101_0218.jpg

Also have a nice mule buck I've been keeping an eye on for a while. I think Mabel and I will go see if we can let some light into him this afternoon since mule season ends here tomorrow. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll have some more pictures for y'all.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Good Work MM56, That's a nice buck & sounds like you made a nice shot on him. Good luck on the muley,Merry Christmas to you & yours as well! Good Luck & Good Shootin'

A nice buck by any standard, looks like one less yodel dog to catch the fawns when they drop, good luck on the Muley.

Looks like you have had a good hunting season this year. My old Lyman Deerstalker gave me that kind of confidence to make the long shots like that, and I am looking forward to having that same feeling about the new rifle. Way to go :thumbsup:

Good show !
:thumbsup:

PS: The guy in the photos doesn't look like your avatar...which one is MM?

The one in the photos is MM...the other one is my son who I keep braggin on. That and the fact he takes much better pictures than the old mountainman.

Darn I should have told everyone that was me 32 years ago. I used to be purdier when I was younger....honest. Fact is I was his age when I started shooting muzzleloaders. I haven't got him interested yet. Right now he has very cool other toys to play with.

Looks like Mabel speaks straight. :hatsoff:

I was gonna say someone must'a been rode hard and put way wet between when that Avatar shot was took and the latest images. :rotf: :rotf:

Congrats on the mixed bag. Dandy buck, and the turkey and 'yote are purty good, too.

WOW Mountain Man! Looks like Mabel has treated you well! I hope you can nail that mulie. :thumbsup:

Thanks Stumpkiller.....I think. :blah: I got on that muley after work yesterday. Nearly stepped on him and he bolted. Beautiful high and wide four by four. He stopped broadside about 75 yards but managed to get on the far side of a small mesquite. I didn't want to take a chance on a deflected shot and just wounding him so I had to pass. I might get another chance at him today, if not he'll just be bigger next year.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Sounds as if you got a good thing goin!New Bride and mabel to hunt with.You can have your cake and eat it too!Nice Deer!

Back