• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting pouch or Possibles bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northernflinter

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I used to have one leather bag and kept changing items from 45 to 50 cal. Finally I got smart and got another pouch setting it up for my 50 cal.
Hope this helps do away with the confusion.

I admit to needing a bit of clarification, some like having a bag for each gun others use the same bag and swap out components as needed.

I eliminated the confusion also,,in a different way though,,
I simply sold all the guns that weren't .50 or .54,,then I gave the .50's to my son.
Now I only need one bag. :grin:

I like a bag and horn for each gun, fully equiped and ready to go.
Deadeye

Deadeye said:
I like a bag and horn for each gun, fully equiped and ready to go.
Deadeye

My preference as well. Besides doing away with confusion, it is an excuse to acquire more bags & horns. Since I am currently in possession of one more horn than guns, I guess I need another gun? :idunno:

I have one bag for percussion, one for flint. The percussion bag is ugly..I made it in the 1970's, by taking my then-high school aged daughter's shoulder purse, and turning it inside out, rough side out. I'd make another, nicer one, but this one has a lot of memories..the other bag I made about 15 years ago...much nicer...both are too big, I now realize...if I had a separate bag for each gun I own, I'd never get it right..Hank

I'm always making new bags but I always come back to my favorite one.I use wood rods with no tool adaptor and just a primitive simple wire coil tow worm in all my muskets,Flints 'turnscrew,and everything else is used for all three.The balls are so heavy hung around my neck so I carry whatever is needed in a leather poke bag hung from my belt.
Now my rifle,It has it's own setup.

Back