• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I almost got scammed .... almost ...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There was a scammer named Merrick Jackson selling some rendezvous goods on facebook. Iron camp ware, wood bowls, blacksmith tongs, etc. I was in discussion with him about payment. He wanted paid through facebook pay. If you pay through facebook pay, you lose all your money and can't get any refund if it is a scam. I looked at the scammers bio he set up about himself and there were some red flags that popped up. First, it seemed too good to be true and the scammer said he could ship it all for $20. No Way !! He had also set up a company he works for so I called the company to verify his employment and if he was real. The owner of the company texted me back and said that the company went out of business in 2008 and there was never a person that worked for them named Merrick Jackson. I'm glad I did the extra leg work to verify this was all a scam.
Ohio Rusty ><>

There was a scammer named Merrick Jackson selling some rendezvous goods on facebook. Iron camp ware, wood bowls, blacksmith tongs, etc. I was in discussion with him about payment. He wanted paid through facebook pay. If you pay through facebook pay, you lose all your money and can't get any refund if it is a scam. I looked at the scammers bio he set up about himself and there were some red flags that popped up. First, it seemed too good to be true and the scammer said he could ship it all for $20. No Way !! He had also set up a company he works for so I called the company to verify his employment and if he was real. The owner of the company texted me back and said that the company went out of business in 2008 and there was never a person that worked for them named Merrick Jackson. I'm glad I did the extra leg work to verify this was all a scam.
Ohio Rusty ><>
I have a couple of muskets I'm going to sell, but will only do it 'face to face'; I don't want to get into shipping, crating, pay-mo, anything 'mo'. I'll post here if anyone is in the region and wants to meet up at my big regional gun show, they can look in person. I can't imagine sending a musket to the middle of North Dakota or someplace, and having the guy want to "return" it! Thanks for your tip!:thumb:

a4aeecbeecdeff1616f417f3792c43bcd2ec534471f1c99512c46884b9016976.jpg

Latest posts

Back