• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I feel like I hit a small lottery!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pork Chop

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Florida apparently drew the first round of quota hunts today. Well, I did not think that we would hit, but we got not one but TWO selections!! My buddies and I were drawn for the first hunt in Guana River WMA (muzzleloading) and the first hunt for general gun in Guana River WMA as well!! Hot dang I hope we bring home some meat!!

Down here the draws are for early season hunts - before the masses get afield. This would be for big game - deer with at least 3 points on one antler or wild hog. We were drawn for the first hunt of two for the muzzleloading season. For the General Gun season, we were drawn for the first hunt of that season as well. For deer, this WMA has very little season, but good population (or so I am told). This is the first year that I put in for a Quota permit, so I am pretty stoked!

That's great! Always good to have something to look forward to come fall. :thumbsup:

Pork Chop said:
For deer, this WMA has very little season, but good population (or so I am told). This is the first year that I put in for a Quota permit, so I am pretty stoked!
Yeah, I guess I would be too! That's a real good situation, congratulations.

Spot

Thanks all - it just keeps getting better! In addition to the two draws and getting access to a 200 acre private plot of land, I just today got access to an un-hunted private organic farm that has deer food plots, a river and wild blueberries. Man, I have never had this many opportunities to hunt! Something good just HAS to come out of this!!

Back