• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I got a roe in Germany!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmidt

32 Cal.
Reaction score

You can see the roe in the square
I shot it yesterday at 10.20am at 43 steps with my Investarms Hawken .54 PRB and 90grn WanoPP

The Circle shows the impact of the Ball

Congratulations!Good shot. What else do you expect from a .54? The roe is tiny and there is not much to go through...
Now try that it on good wild boar :grin:
Next time try a flinter, more fun to boot!

Congratulations!
The Roe deer remind me of the small exotic Sika Deer that only populate some parts of Maryland and are considered a real trophy.
I wish that I could go hunt one there someday.
Keep up the good hunting!

yearling females to average 45lbs, with 53lbs the average dressed weight for yearling males.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/sikadeer.asp

Seems like you have been into some good hunting lately. Those are pretty deer. Nice Picture and thanks for sharing

Hi Baikal, my german ML hunting friend!

Congrats and Waidmanns Heil!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Congratulations on such an accomplishment.It is a feeling that a non hunter cannot fathom.

How is the weather? I don't see any snow in the background.

bigbore442001 said:
Congratulations on such an accomplishment.It is a feeling that a non hunter cannot fathom.

How is the weather? I don't see any snow in the background.

Hi bigbore442001,

Baikal comes from the area around the Eifel. there is not so much snowing, but coldness. In my area in southern bavaria we have snow in the mountains.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Great job Baikal! Congratulations on a good hunt and I hope you enjoy the meat.

Today roeseason ends in Germany, this morning i cold harvest a last roe. At 20m with my Investarms Hawken, PRB .535, 90grn WanoPP.
She got a heartshot but there was no exitwond.

The weather is cold, but The snow is gone since more than 2 weeks.

Back