• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I need infos about the british p51 rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agent00

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi, ist me again with a new question :grin: . I need infos about the first british minie rilfe, the p51 and its ammuniton (bullet weight, mv and me..)

thanks.

P/51 Rifle Musket was .702 cal. Bullet weight was 680 grains and with the service charge of 2.5 drams Mv was about 1000ft/s.

David

ok thx for the info.

ps: does somebody know a good book of the british pecussion rifles?

Dear Mr agent00 - FYI 2.5 drams = 68.5gr.
There are a great many books on British percussion arms. Sadly, many of them are a mite esoteric and therefore not to be found in the bargain bucket stores - figure on $100 to $200 a pop. You will have to rely on Mr Minshall or our mutual friend, Mr Bill Curtis [of Curtis and Harvey black powder fame]. He is THE definitive British expert on weapons of the Crimean war and that time. He can be found at the Royal Armouries in Leeds, UK, but I regret that I do not have his e-mail address.

tac

"The British Soldiers Firearms, 1850-1864" by C.H. Roads and "British Military Longarms 1715-1865" by D.W. Bailey are my two favourites!
ARILAR :grin: :thumbsup:

Whilst I don't have much information on the P/51, if the P/53 is of interest have a look at my " Enfield Rifle Resource List". There are links to some on-line resources and lots of interesting/rare books and texts for you to try and track down! :thumbsup:

David

@david thx for your informativ link.:)

I am intersted in all british percussion weapons.

Back