• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I need to buy some leather

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvt_McCracken

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello All,

Since I am in winter quaters our local supply master is out of leather. I need to buy some more leather, to make some gear before this coming season.

One of my questions is what is a good price to pay for a sq-ft of leather? I have seen moose to be from $4.00 to $8.95 a sqft, and about the same for elk.

I was wondering who are some good sources that will not take all my King's Shillings away to purchase the following:

This is what I need
1/2 to full Moose hides or 1/2 to a full Elk Hides(I need to make center seam mocs for my family, and a new sporran for myself and my son)

1/2 Cow hide ( for a couple of Portmanteau)

Any help would be great!

Pvt McCracken

Pvt,
Close to you in Belgium WI is Leather Unlimited (leatherunltd.com) 800-993-2889. They have cowhide and hair-on elk, but no moose.
Also try[url] zackwhite.com[/url] in North Carolina
Finally, you could google it, but don't just type in 'leather' since that also gets you the perverts. Try leather craft suppliers, or something similar.
Leathermoose

Last edited by a moderator:
for the portmanteau....Tandy currently
has 3-4 oz veg tan sides for 1.99 sq. ft..
There may be a minimum order on that? I
just pitched the flier...but it seemed
about half price...Ive used alot of this
grade from them, and its good stuff...
T. Albert

eidness furs out of idaho has all of the above and more.

take care, daniel

Tried;[url] http://search.ebay.com/leathe...fsopZ1QQkeywordZonQQsacatZQ2d1QQstrkwZleather[/url] ?

Last edited by a moderator:
"TWO BEARS" has the best and the maybe the cheapest. He has a web site. I think moose is around $3.50 a foot.

Latest posts

Back