• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I still can't believe it!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenneth266

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm normally not one to boast or show off but, I couldn't help it. This is my best buck ever with black powder. Normally, I only manage to get a doe or a small spike so this is definitely out of the ordinary for me. My brother says he's still waiting for the horse shoe to drop out of my rear.
This deer came to within 15 ft of me sitting on the ground!! He had to be senile, hehe.

100 grs. fff, home cast PRB.

0102.jpg

Nice buck. Grats! :hatsoff:
Feel free to boast and show off here all ya want. That's what this section is for.

2 more weeks until our gun season. I can't hardly wait. :grin:

Nice Buck.
I hope people don't really feel they are boasting or showing off when they post their successful hunts here. It is sharing with people who can appreciate your accomplishments. Sharing with people who for one reason or another are stuck at work or home and can't make it out to the woods.
I think it is great. Squirrels, Turkeys, Antelope, Deer, whatever it is all good.
Thanks for taking the time to post your photo.

PJC

Thank-you for the picture and congratulations on the nice buck. I really enjoyed/appreciated hearing about/seeing it. I wish I could be hunting with a muzzleloader right now, even though I'm really enjoying my time in Papua New Guinea. Maybe next season - for now I'll look at pictures! Thank-You so much and congrats!
Flinter

Congrats and Waidmanns Heil from Germany!

Well done. What cal. did you use and where did you hit the buck? Did the ball exit?

Regards

Kirrmeister

Nice job our season starts first week of December and then 4 days the last weekend. I can't wait. Hope to be able to brag as you have done. Keep it up.
Dusty

Kenneth266 said:
Hello all. I'm normally not one to boast or show off but, I couldn't help it.
100 grs. fff, home cast PRB.

Most people that are into hunting wouldn't consider it boasting, showing off, or bragging unless you are arrogant about it. Those that do look at it that way are usually the ones that don't put the time & effort to be successful & they suffer from a severe case of envy. You're just sharing a great experience in the woods!

Congrats......beautiful buck! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks all.

Kirrmeister, it is a 50 cal., an old traditions Kentucky kit rifle from years back.
The deer was quartering to me and the ball hit at the base of the neck/shoulder but didn't exit.

VERY NICE DEER!!! Good job. Did you actually hear the sound of the gun going off over your heartbeat?

Larry

Nice deer! Glad you shared it with us. I like hearing good hunting stories. What was used,gun,load that sort of thing. I am sure that hunt will stay with you from now on. :grin:

Believe it, because you're right there in the photo! :wink: Beautiful buck - congratulations! :hatsoff:

Nice buck, that one is worth sharing with the forum..."sharing" is more politicaly correct than showing off, gives less fuel to the fires that the PETA folks are always stating, congrats again.

Latest posts

Back