• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I think this may work!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fort fireman

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I think this may work for turkey season. It is from my 20 gauge fowler at a looong 25 paces.

photo-5.jpg

I should say that that is actually 2 shots. The first was at a long 25 pacs. i highlighted the shot holes in the head with a red marker. then shot again at a long 30 paces and ended up with 9 or 10 shot holes in the head and neck. All that wasn't just one shot. My load is 70 grains of fffg with a overpowder wad. Then 140 grains of shot. Basically just take my powder measure and fill it twice and then 2 overshot cards. i was using only 70 grains of shot but it just wasn't enough shot to really get a decent pattern so I just uped it. i think 30 yards will be my max though. Also my fowler has been jug chocked to modified by Coyote joe.

out line a pencil with a walnut on top and then walk back and shoot!
Think spine and skull.
everything else is fluff.
Might wanna give it the steel tuna can test also.
I'd bump up the powder some and lower the shot 10-15%
What have you got to loose?
Good luck and send a report.

12 ga. New Englander..choked

IMG_0184.jpg

Back