• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ID of Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregonjohn

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey all. Less than a year ago, I purchased a really nice scalper pattern knife from Charlie at Backwoods Magazine. I have asked him my question and he is unable to help. The knife is flat carbon bladed with a shallow taper near the sharpened edge. I came with a one-piece walnut handle that was slotted for the blade with one rivet hole. The knife when it came to me had a copper band around the blade end of the handle. Well, I am changin' out ye handle to a crown antler. The knife (without handle) is 10 1/4" long with an 8" x 1 1/8" blade and a tang of 2 1/8" x 1" with the rivet hole in the rear of the tang and in the lower corner. The knife had lettering (mostly under the original handle) reading SPARTANKI(H or N)AIL. Anyone have any ideas about the origin of this knife?
Thanks to all for any help and a very Happy Easter to everyone on this board.
John in Coos Bay

Back