• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Illinois deer hunters, are you ready?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
First firearm season opens in the morning!
Probably our best chance to tag a biggun with our smokepoles.

Here's something to help get you in the proper frame of mind;
HPIM1655.jpg

Country fried deer steak with string beans & taters. Mmmmmmm!

I just got back from the range for some last-minute sight checking. Still gotta clean my gun and round up the rest of my gear. Can't hardly wait to get in the woods. :grin:

I am ready to just sit in the woods, I could use some of the quiet even with all the gunshots.

Yep, been getting ready all week by organizing all my muzzleloading stuff into just a tackle box. My dad and I jumped a big 12 point (probably 150" or more) bedded by one of our tree stands when we were looking for my arrow I killed a deer with the week before. This gun season's gonna be weird because I really haven't truly deer hunted since Oct. 20 or so. Other than that I've went just a couple times here and there but since I started duck hunting I just don't bowhunt as much as I used to. So I pretty much don't know what deer are out there at all. Could be a big one :grin:

Just finished gettin all my gear together,cant hardly wait till mornin. Good luck to all headin out tomorow.

it is supposed to be very windy Friday and Saturday. I just need that few seconds of movement, I like Luie B harvested a couple for the freezer during bow season.

No, besides being stuck in the office, I don't have a place to go to in my county, yet. Asked around, no dice.

Makes me think that I will start asking the clientele I get if they are deer hunters. If they say that they are, I will be getting an overwhelming urge to answer "well, sorry, but it looks like you will not be making next year's hunt while you sit in jail on this charge. Yep, it's a very serious one, and I am afraid there is nothing I can do."

The Doc is out and not a happy camper. :cursing:

Doc, Maybe you'd do better asking them if they owned any land. If they do, tell 'em they gotta let you hunt if you get them out of that life sentence they're most likely gonna get otherwise. :wink:

I hope all you other guys didn't let a little wind keep you from going out. Just 'cause it was blowing 25-35mph wasn't gonna stop me.
It didn't stop the deer either. I saw 15 today! Didn't shoot any but not due to to lack of opportunity. Just waitin' for the big one. :grin:

I didn't kill anything for MY freezer during bow season. I just donated a button buck then got that cull 4 pointer ground up into burger for my dad to start a food bank at where he works. But we're getting my doe from Friday processed though. Now if I kill a buck I'll just donate more then in late season try to kill a doe for another donation.

How did you guys do for first season?
I drew for second season in Crab Orchard and can't wait to get out...

Back