• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I'm Hooked!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonard1

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey Fella's, fleeced up supplies for firing my first muzzleloader yesterday and today. Shot twice today. I'm hooked! I can't believe I waited 44yrs to try muzzleloading. Most fun I've had in a while, and that's only two shots! Thanks for the help with my questions. :)

Welcome friend. It sure is addicting. Modern cartridge guns just have no appeal for me anymore. Now show me a beautiful long rifle stocked in curly maple, and whoooaa, you'll get me drooling everytime.

Jeff

I know exactly how you feel. For one reason or another I waited for years to get into black powder. Now that's all I hunt with. :thumbsup:

Addictive is a mild term for what may follow...you'll find yourself in the woods wearing animal skins and calling folks "Pilgrim", making squirrel jerky, figuring out which way is north by trunk fungus, etc. Your family will never see you the same again! :haha:

bpd303 said:
Even if you only shoot a couple of shots, make sure you clean and oil your rifle good.
Have fun & be safe...
:thumbsup: What he said.. Oh and WELCOME to the addiction. Err hobby, yea thats right its a hobby..

Id add more but Im late for my meeting...

Ain't that the truth! My wife is really started to think that I'm kind of weird now. I recently bought a longhunter shirt from Crazy Crow and I put it on with my possibles bag and powder horn and my wife took one look and burst into laughter. Oh well, it works for me.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back