• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

in Maine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 65061

new to Black Powder and really enjoying it so far!
Reaction score
hi, i am new to black powder stuff in general as well as this forum. I also posted in the Northeast thread n i hope im not being annoying by posting in general as well i just figure general areas tend to get the most traffic so thought i would post here as well.

i got some #11 caps at Walmart but the videos on the 1851 navy i have seen call for #10 caps. the #11 fit but seem loose

Could i get nipple that thread into the navy cylinder to accept the #11 caps and fit nice and tight, if so could someone point me in the right direction? i notice there are alot of fishy sites that list caps because of the supply and demand

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum
Some of the members likely can direct you to some #10 cap vendors.

Some of your post was edited, sorry, but you need to read through the membership rules. Thanks

LD
ok my bad, i realize how the part that was removed from the post could be an issue so i apologize.

Track of the wolf will get the nipple you need.

Where in ME are both wife's families are there? Many friends and BP shooters also.
im kinda confused by what you mean, both of whos wives? or am i just missing context of a post that was removed?

Back