• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Interesting comparison

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Last fall, I shot a doe with my .50 flintlock at about 70 yards. My first with a muzzleloader. The ball hit a bone in the front leg, did lots of lung damage, messed up the opposite shoulder, but did not exit. The deer still managed to run about 20 yards before dropping dead.

A couple of weeks later, I shot another doe at nearly the same spot with a .243 mauser. The bullet took out the lungs, and made an exit hole the size of a baseball. The deer still managed to run about 20 yards before dropping dead.

Completely different wound patterns, but exactly the same results.

The flintlock was more fun. :grin:

No Doubt . :thumbsup:
But I still have a soft spot for Mausers of many flavors.

SJoe said:
Completely different wound patterns, but exactly the same results.

Different wound patters because of velocity, bullet design and sectional density.

Exactly same results because a large hole punched through the vitals always ends the same way. No matter how it got there.

:thumbsup:

HD

Back