• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Introducing......me!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SquirrelsaurusR

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy,
I just came across this site and thought I'd get signed up. Looks pretty good from what I've seen so far. My first rifle was a flintlock, and I've been a certified rockaholic ever since. Just acquired a .54 flint pistol a while back, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I also have a strong interest in the very early history of firearms. I do a lot of research (when I have the time) on the very early stuff and I've got a decent collection of articles and such regarding the development of gunpowder and it's first applications. I currently have a gun maker in England building a .75 caliber matchlock musket (early 1600's style) for me, and I'm considering having an arquebus built from the mid-1400's period (if I can come up with the cash). When it comes to my preference in guns, the older, the better. Now if I could just convince my wife to let me keep a 12-foot cannon in the living room...

Anyway, that's a little bit about me.

WELCOME- WELCOME GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US. JUST CAME BACK MYSELF AFTER RECOUPING FROM SOME OLD INJUN WOUNDS.LOOK FORWARD TO HEREING FROM YOU. WATCH YOUR BACK TRAIL :bull:

"Now if I could just convince my wife to let me keep a 12-foot cannon in the living room..."

That statement alone got you in good with Musketman. He doesn't own a cannon but he has a fondness for them.

If you have any questions or comments don't hold back.

Welcome aboard.

You mean your wife really won't let you keep a cannon in the living room? You two better open some serious negotiations!!

Welcome to the board!

Vic

Now if I could just convince my wife to let me keep a 12-foot cannon in the living room...

Squirrelsaurus Rex: First off, great forum name...

Now about that 12 foot cannon/coffee table combo, throw a slip-cover over it and I bet the wife will allow it... :winking: :haha:

Until she stubs her toe on it in the middle of the night... :shocking:

Tell her it's for home protection...

Can you imagine what someone is going to think, breaking into your house and seeing that?

"If that's the coffee table, then I hate to see their gun!!!" ::

Thanks, everyone. Seems like a neat place to hang out.

I think I've got the cannon problem sorted out. I'll sneak the barrel into the house and hide it in the hall closet, behind the bowling ball and tennis racket. She'll never notice. I'll keep the carriage parts in the garage until I convince her of the educational value for the kids if we set it up in the living room. If she notices the parts in the garage, I'll just tell her they're parts for a new fuel-efficient car I'm building. ::

She's a hard one to convince. She's already starting to get suspicious of the Gatling gun in the kitchen that I told her is a large-capacity egg beater.

Back