• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Investarms ramrod

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwojack

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have an Investarms Hawken 50 cal. The ramrod will not stay put. When I lean the barrel down the ramrod slides out. Isn't there supposed to be some type of ramrod retention? I looked inside the stock, but did not see one like my CVA has. Anyone else have this problem? :confused:

mike it should have a flat leaf spring that holds it in place but if you cant rig something up do this make a field muzzel guard from a 45/70 case just drill out the primer hole to fit your ramrod and when the ramrod is in place the muzzel guard holds it in place see pic's.
bernie :thumbsup:
100_4433.jpg

100_4432.jpg

100_4430.jpg

The hawkens has a small spring steel clip that is attached to the underrib near the brass nose cap,it may be missing or the clip may need a little bending? :thumbsup:

I have an older GPR that is the same way. It doesn't fall out, but under recoil the ram rod will back out about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Been thinking about filing a notch in the under barrel rib and installing a small leaf spring, like my new GPR. Seems to be a real easy fix.

A quick fix, I run a peice of thin leather thru the ramrod ferrule or a few strands of sinew. Depends how much clearance you have. Dilly

Glue some felt in the ram rod channel of the stock. I had the same problem. I now have a nice snug fit and it has lasted for years. I'm from Oregon and none of these East Coasters can pronounce it right! :rotf:

That's a good idea about the felt in the stock. I hear you about the pronounciation of "Oregon." :haha:

john12865 said:
Glue some felt in the ram rod channel of the stock. I had the same problem. I now have a nice snug fit and it has lasted for years. I'm from Oregon and none of these East Coasters can pronounce it right! :rotf:
You mean like this?ORGUN :grin:

Mike,
I have three of the Investarms Hawkens from
Cabela's and they all have the tention spring.
When the rod gets loose I just slightly bend
the spring and all is well again. Check the
bottom of the barrel to see if it has a tapped
hole for the screw that holds the spring. If it does I would say that Investarms forgot the install it. :hmm:
snake-eyes

Where would I find that tension spring? Is it attached to the barrel? I don't remember seeing one.

Mike Wojack said:
Where would I find that tension spring? Is it attached to the barrel? I don't remember seeing one.
None on mine. Doesn't look like there ever was one. So I went to the felt trick.

Latest posts

Back