• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

It's about over

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longcruise

70 Cal.
Reaction score
for this season as far as ml rifle hunting in CO goes. Small game closed at sunset last Monday. Not much left on the list. Beaver!

Am starting to think more about finishing up the next month or so calling coyotes. Anybody else out there calling them to the white smoke?

Tried last weekend. Snow was too deep to get to the woods. :cursing: No snow shoes. :(

Been watching a den about dark with the girl friend weather and time permitting. A .45 caplock Tc Hawken and a .54 flint trade rifle. Both need unloaded after hunting season. :) Need a furry volunteer. :wink: Larry Wv

yup nothing left to do but back country ski and shoot in new guns.
even trapping is over for pine martin.
hoping to go to the San Louis with a buddy and clean up on muskrat in april.
It's gov job and we have to kick down 10 percent to the DOW but figure I will still make 5 buck a critter.
Damn near had the best pistol shot ever.
The kid an I were skibadooing from our back country home to work when I ran smack dab into three male yoties lookin for love.
one was dumb enough to stop at 125 to 150 yrds and look back.
I had allready unholstered my 45 blackhawk I had just firelapped and found that 8 grns of trailboss and a 150 grn Elmer Kieth gave me one inch groups off the bench at 25 yrds.
I held my front site well above my rear site and over the seat of my sled I aimed at it's shoulder blade and squeezed.
The splash of the bullet hitting the snow just under said critter was obvious as well as the three feet straight up in the air coyote.
:surrender:
lucky bastard.
My wife is fur tanning two sheep hides right now and that dog would have gone right into her alum brine.
:haha:

Vtsmoker said:
Tried last weekend. Snow was too deep to get to the woods. :cursing: No snow shoes. :(
hey I grew up on the border of VT and quebec and I got a buddy up there studying cross bred yoties and beta wolves, he shoots them and does test to see their breeding capeability.
Have you run into any coywolves yet?

even trapping is over for pine martin

How do you do on the Pine Martin? We see a lot of them during October.

Am heading up your way toward the end of this month. Most of the family wants to go snowmobing, but I'm thinkin more about doing some yote calling and maybe some fishing. Staying up by Taylor res but I don't know where. Daughter is setting it up.

Vtsmoker said:

Snow!! Boy I miss the north. Monday was last day of squirrel season here, it was 80 degrees. :shake: I got snowshoes, just no snow down here. Although I did once put on my snowshoes and walk around in the 1/2 inch of snow we got just for the heck of it, not quite the same. :wink:

BillinOregon said:
Twice: I'm sorry to hear that.
:wink:
We're actually about six weeks away from turkey season here.

Yea well it's been so long since I've hunted here in Indiana that I don't even know if we have a spring turkey season. Golf is the best next thing.
Gosh I wish I was back in Oregon... :grin:
Twice.

marmotslayer said:
even trapping is over for pine martin

How do you do on the Pine Martin? We see a lot of them during October.

Am heading up your way toward the end of this month. Most of the family wants to go snowmobing, but I'm thinkin more about doing some yote calling and maybe some fishing. Staying up by Taylor res but I don't know where. Daughter is setting it up.

Not sure if Cranors have their cabins open in the winter in Taylor park you may have to stay in Almont at the Almont Resort.
Harold the owner is a good guy.
If you can stay in Taylor that would be great!
Also don't forget to bring your ice fishing equpt.
It has been a good year for mac's
Martin was good but not as good as last year.
what dates are you coming?
and the catch and release is great fly fishing below the dam.

Not thinking to much about coyotes, I have turkeys starting on the 19, pigs year round, not to mention bass will be heating up and mayfly hatchs are right around the corner, life is good. Chris

Latest posts

Back