• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Its working!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie45

32 Cal.
Reaction score
:grin: Thanks to all of you its starting to click! 3 in one, @ 50 yards! I love it!!
easter06033.jpg

I hope the photo comes through. this is my best ever group with BP. These were shots 24,24 & 26 out of my new Green Mountain 40 cal.32" barrel. I used a suggested load ( from fellow member ) 65 gr. 3f Goex. .389 cast ball (TOW) and .018 lubed oxyoke patch.
I need more powder & ball :grin:

So, what's the most accurate caliber.....?

I am having a new rifle built with a GM .40 cal, 7/8"x36". Guess I'll have to try 65gr 3f as soon as I get it. :thumbsup:

What are the twist rate in the .40? I read they need to be a little quick.

1:48 like java man said. I still think I would use a larger cal. for deer and the like. 50 & up we owe it to them.
I tried the postal shoot last night. Shoot the X from sticks @ 100 yards. All I can say is I will try again tomorrow. I don't think a 4 inch group will cut it. I hope the rest of you are tring it. Even with sticks for my eyes it is a real chore to keep it lined up and focused! :grin:

Back