• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I've been infected

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonie, you (#&*+$@!) It's all your fault, I just sent an order to Track of the wolf for

Roaddog,
I hear ya. I'm right there with you. Zonie's post was the proverbial straw that broke this camel's back.
I fear what my wife will say when I tell her that I need to buy a kit. How many times can she hear, "But I promise...this is the last one."? :D

Zonie,
Thanks a lot! Maybe you can find time between building those purty rifles to build me a purty doghouse! I'm sure as heck going to need one thanks to you! ::

Come on you guys. I am not holding a gun to your head, I am just giving some thoughts on how I go about changing a bunch of pieces of stuff so they fit together into something you might want to take out in public.
As for your wives, go ahead and tell them that that SOB named Zonie on the MuzzleloadingForum said that unless you start building a gun right away, he's going to get you banned from the internet!
Also remind her that if your not on the internet, and your not building a gun you will be sitting next to her all night watching her favorate TV shows and making snide comments about her favorate charactors.
If you play this right, she will be happy to contribute to the cost of the parts.

Roaddog I sent and got the book, love it learned enough that I did not order a kit.Rocky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well, I told my wife that Zonie, that SOB from the MuzzleloadingForum ::, told me to start building a gun right away or he would have me banned from the internet.
Her reply..."Great! Two birds...one stone!" ::

Then she told me to go ahead and get a kit if I wanted one. She thinks it would be fun to watch! She even asked me about the process and showed interest! :shocking:

Now, I get to shop for a kit!! I have been wanting a flintlock so I guess that I get to build my flintlock. Pretty exciting!

I have a question, though...I really like my wedge-pinned, hooked-breach, hawken-style Lyman GPR percussion rifle because it is very easy to break down and clean. However, I like the look of the full length wooden stock rifles, especially in flintlock. Can the barrel be removed as easily from the full-length stock as it can from hawken-style rifles?

Thanks!

Don't you just hate it when they are one jump ahead of you?

Most of the full stock Flintlock guns in the 1730-1810 era had a fixed breech tang with 3 or 4 pins securing the stock to the barrel.
Looking in my new TOW catalog I see a full stock Hawken Flintlock kit with a hooked breech and three barrel keys.

This gun uses an English style lock which is typical of the late Flintlock era (1820-1835). It has no patchbox and it has a very hooked (curved) buttplate. It is available in .50, .54, .58 and .62 caliber 36 inch long 1 inch octagon barrel.
I would suggest buying the TOW catalog so you can see it before you order it (Their asking $570.53 for the kit).
(Pecatonica River offers about the same thing in #3 CM at the same price or in Walnut for $5 less).

My wife is a pretty smart gal and always seem to be one jump ahead of me. :redface:

The full stock Hawken you mentioned sounds interesting. Although, I kinda want a patchbox. I guess that I don't really know exactly what I want this early in the game. I do want a flintlock, though.

I'll definitely get the TOW catalog and see what they have. Thanks for the information!

Road Dog,,welcome to the club!! The fever won't stop,,(it won't!) ya gotta do it,,,,,

ZONIE!! See What You Done!!!
(heheeheeee!)(atta boy! good job!)
:applause: :: ::

Latest posts

Back