• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

J. TARRAT Musket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jelder24

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I recently acquired a musket that has an obviously converted percussion lock marked J.TARRAT. The marking on the barrel are the letter m over 1826 and the letters I or P over IP. The overall length is approxiamately 4'11".The hardware is brass and has a steel rod.Also, it once had sling swivels. It also was built to mount a bayonet. Sorry I'm not able to post pictures as of yet. Any information or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I found Tarrat in the book "English Irish and Scottish Firearms Makers"
All it says is " Tarratt, J. (about 1850) Made percussion pistols with swivel ramrod and belt hook. Shop in London."
Hope that helps.

Well, I had heard that but didn't know any book that specifically mentioned his name. Thanks and I'll try to post some pics this week so keep looking in. Thanks again!!!!

Back