• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jackie Brown .40 lefty

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sekiar

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I purchased a Jackie Brown .40 caliber left hand rifle from an ad on the forum and just now got to try it out. First thing I did was clean out some of the stickiest yellow gunk I've ever seen from the barrel and lock. Hornady .395 round ball and about 50g of 3f seems to shoot just fine, however I'm hitting slightly to the left of aim. Being a lazy sort I cleaned between the first several shots and then went back to an old habit of shooting some WD40 down the barrel after loading. This allowed me to shoot and shoot with out cleaning between shots. This also cleans out the barrel making reloading a snap. I'm lucky I guess as this is my second lefty flintlock and after shooting both a good number of times they have always went bang with out any miss fires. I do clean the pan after every shot, just not the barrel. My first experience with a flintlock about 40 years ago was not so good. I had built one of those easy put together kits and my first shot went into the ground about 20ft in front of me...it went shuuuboom with what seemed like a minute between the flash in the pan and the boom. That was enough of that so it has only been within the last two months that I'm trying once again with custom made guns and am having a real blast. I've learned much from this great forum. Thanks for all of the help. Charles

We will have to get together on of these afternoons and make some smoke and compare notes. This forum is a great resource and I have enjoyed it.

Latest posts

Back