• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jacob Dickert rifle style

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Flint

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am preparing to start a project using a 44 inch B profile swamped barrel. My last three projects have been carved from stock blanks and I need a break. I found that Tiger Hunt stocks offers precarved stocks in several styles. I would like the rifle to be in a Jacob Dickert Lancaster style. Tiger Hunt offers an Early Lancaster and a Golden Age Lancaster. Which would match up with the Dickert style?

Dickert's carrier spaned a long time, but I would say it would be best to go with an early Lancaster style stock.

Try Tip Curtis.(615) 654-4445 Leave a message if he is not in as he may be at a show as I walled & he was not there. He will have the stock & all the correct parts to make a Dickert.

Also Pecatonica may have it.

Buttplate is dif on a Dickert than most other Lancasters.

May be a issue with the barrel, as they may not have one cut for that barrel, but worth a call anyway. I know Tip had one for a 42" C as I bought one from him one time.

I did this "Dickert-esque" rifle a few years ago. From an unusually GOOD quality red maple blank.
www.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Fatdutchman/Flintlocks/Dickert/

I made the buttplate out of "The Blob" from Reeves Goehring. NOTHING that is regularly available comes anywhere close to an early Dickert plate. I did the best I could with the triggerguard too. It was the larger "Bivins" guard. I had to make a new front trigger and generally modify the awful, short set triggers to function.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back