• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jim Chambers Kits

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newt

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone here build a flinter in 10,11, or 12 gauge from a chambers kit?
How was the wood and componets overall?
Worth the money?
Thanks
email me at if you chose
k howes @[url] iwarp.net[/url]

remove the spaces

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished a Isaic Haynes from Jim. It's the most beautiful wood I've ever seen. The large flintlock fires as fast as a cap lock and the rifle is a dream to shoot. I'm selling some stuff on E-bay to buy a 12Ga shot gun from him.

Regards

How much shaping is already done on Chambers' forestocks? The TOTW kits come with the forestock left square from the lock panels up.

Way more than that! LOL

Mine is going to require very little shaping to finish... maybe removal of 1/16" of wood or so. The only thing left square is a small 3" block just in front of the lock panel. The rest is nearly finished.

Would like to know every ones opinion of a Chambers smooth rifle with .54 cal. rifled barrel as far as blance and so forth, and also its Virginia ties.Mike advised the Mark Silver Virginia would be a little heavy in this cal.,and after talking to the Chambers they agreed.Any info/photos appreciated
Thanks,Ken

I PUT THAT EXACT RIFLE TOGETHER THIS PAST YEAR. A SMOOTH RIFLE,54.CAL RIFLED. IT WEIGHS 8.5 LBS. IT IS A VERY WELL BALANCED RIFLE. THOUGHT I WOULD HUNT WITH IT IN U.P. IT WAS KIND WINDY, THEY EVEN CLOSED THE BRIDGE. WALNUT OR EVEN CHERRY MIGHT BE MORE APPROPRIATE FOR THE STOCK, BUT THEY ALREADY PAINTED THE MON LISA. IF I CAN GET MY SONY TO WORK I WILL POST SOME PICS.

Sounds great, have you tried her out yet? how does she shoot? And yes photos would be nice.
Ken

Back