• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jug choke?? Or ruined barrel?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acohill1

72 cal
Reaction score
Bought a 10ga originally made by al shroder off gun broker gun is beautiful feels great in the hand and is mechanically sound however there is one issue. You can feel ridges when you rub your finger down the side of the barrel and I can see rings with a bore light.
Screenshot_20240603_200635_Gallery.jpg

I took it to the trap and only hit about 6 out of 25 targets. I have not taken this to a pattern board I plan too this weekend. Is it normal to be able to see and feel the jug choke in barrels? Can this be fixed if it's not normal?

Here's some pics of the actual gun
IMG_20240603_154115.jpg
pix810689601.jpg

When looking down a smooth bore, the bore should have rings evenly spaced, appearing closer with increased length of barrel. Any oblongation of rings in the length of the bore shows bends in a barrel. A jug choke would show up as a short section near the muzzle, showing a variation in the distance between rings in that section if it is choked.

When looking down a smooth bore, the bore should have rings evenly spaced, appearing closer with increased length of barrel. Any oblongation of rings in the length of the bore shows bends in a barrel. A jug choke would show up as a short section near the muzzle, showing a variation in the distance between rings in that section if it is choked.
I understand that but those "rings" are ridges where the barrel changes in diameter you can feel them

Back