• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jukar Flintlock rifle.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I purchased this rifle at a gun show years ago and was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about it. The only marking on the barrel is Jukar Spain 45 cal. It seems to be someone's build of a kit going by the finish but I was wondering if these were ever sold as finished rifles or were they strictly kit guns. Also if anyone has an idea of value please speak up as I am thinking of selling.
Thanks in advance for any input

Attachments

• jukar1.jpg
    jukar1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 287
  • jukar2.jpg
    jukar2.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 106
  • jukar3.jpg
    jukar3.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 97
  • jukar4.jpg
    jukar4.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 87
There were several companies that imported them as finished rifles. If I remember correctly CVA and FIE were a couple. They were the bottom of the pile when it came to flintlocks and took a lot of fiddling to make them reliable. Once dialed in they could be quite accurate though. I would say as far as value $150 - $250 would be about right. I paid $265 for a CVA I bought in 2009, still have it and shoot it occasionally.

Last edited:
I saw one like it in a pawn shop a couple years ago that was very rusty and in poor shape for $100.

I have both the caplock and flintlock. They where mostly kit gun that CVA imported but they did sell them complete. The locks where not great but can be worked over or replaced with a more reliable lock. They only sold them in 45 cal with a 1.48 twist so round ball is best shot threw them. The barrel's are good and accurate. I get 3 inch groups at 75 yards. Work up a load sense every gun is different and have fun!

Not sure but I think for a while they were available as a finished rifle but I'm sure due to the fit and finish yours was a very early kit (early 70's) with inlays added somewhere down the line. I've bought a couple over the years and the locks worked surprisingly well and fast, didn't have to fiddle with them at all. These guns are still being made now but in ,50cal. offered by Traditions. If the barrels is clean anywhere from $150-$250 would be a fair price, everyone wants a flintlock nowadays so they are in demand.

I got a percussion kit just like it for Christmas in 1979, assembled it in 8th grade shop class. It was my first firearm. It was very accurate. I still have it, and bought a matching one for $100 a few years ago.

I think $250 would be the high water mark for it, but you never know what someone will pay.

My guess is that it is a kit someone built just going by the finish of the wood. The barrel is in great condition, in fact it doesn't appear that this thing has ever been fired.

Latest posts

Back