• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

JUMP IN THE WATERS FINE

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonie

Moderator Emeritus In Remembrance
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
TO ALL OF YOU QUIET ONES OUT THERE.

In my 6 decades here on earth I've learned some things about people.

Most people don't want to be the center of attention. A lot of people don't even want to be looked at! (On the Forum No knows you from Adam!)

Most people don't want others to think their dumb. Most people are afraid of asking questions because they fear the questions might be dumb. (On the Forum there are no "dumb" questions)

When we are born we know absolutely nothing.
What we know we learned the easy way or the hard way. (The easy way is to ask a question.)

For any question there are people who don't know, and some people who do.
No one knows everything.
What we know is just a fraction of what there is to know.

Muzzleloading guns are easy to learn on a "fun level" but there is a lot to learn to truly master them.

So, what does all this mean to you?

It means if you have a question no matter how dumb you think if is, feel free to poke the "New Topic" button and type your question into the white box. Then hit the "Add New Topic" button.
I guarantee there are a LOT of people with the same question.

If you think you know an answer to a post poke the reply button at the bottom and let everyone know your opnion by typing it into the white box and hit the button at the bottom to enter it into the post.

For the people in the back of the room, No one here knows who you are and they can't find out, so don't be shy. No one is going to point you out and say "there is the guy/gal who had a question/answer I disagreed with".

So, Lets Hear from You!!

As ole 'Zonie would say, "Me and tha MooskeetMan are a gettin tyred o talkin! We'uns needs ta har from ye, so SPEAK UP Dam**t!..."

"I have often derived a good deal of information from a person who kept silent in the crowd - and it is well known that a certain class of individuals display the most wisdom when they say the least!" Osborne Russell, "Journal of a Trapper"

You know Zonie, when I was teaching one of my biggest gripes was that public education taught children to be spectators in life rather than participants. They graduate from school and sit at home watching sports and politics on the television and most are still spectators, yet every person, child of adult that I've ever met had something to offer if you could choke it out of them.

Ignorant, green, newbie, that me, participant, you bet, hence my new walnut stocked, double set trigger, 32 caliber fintlock and lots of questions and on other boards.

"When we are born we know absolutely nothing."
and I have endevored to maintain that standard to the best of my abilities.... seriously there are so many more out there that do not share what they have or need, sometimes the answers may not be the ones we like or want to hear but the sharing of info and ideas is benificial to all, newby and greybeards alike.

Let's not forget this is a members forum, and, as a member you have the right to post your thoughts, but we're not mind readers, so please post them...

I went through five key boards alone and wore down three index fingers... (I live near a neculear powder plant)
rolleyes.gif

So PLEASE, join in so we can know you better.

I agree, there are no dumb questions - only dumb mistakes. (that we make when we don't ask a question)

Right TommyB you have to learn from other peoples mistakes becouse you won't live long enough to make them all yourself. My problem here is I don't know how fast some of you can read so I don't know how fast to write some of these post? Rocky
wink.gif

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

"There is no such thing as a dumb question, only dumb answers"

And my favorite, which hung on a sign above the blackboard in my Freshman science class in high school "I won't learn near as much if I act smart".

Vic

Some of you need to be carefull how you reply. **** and abuse will send some people packing. I check this site almost every day and post when I have something to say. I don't mind a bit of abuse but some don't stand for it. Lots of good info here especially if you are into the traditional stuff.

I agree with you Harv, and hope that passing on what I've learned over the years will be helpful to people reading these posts.

I do reserve the right to poke some fun at a few, but I reserve this for those people who post often and have proven to me by their other posts that they are good natured and can take it (and hand it out as well).

I suppose a new-comer might read some of my answers and get the idea that this is an abusive site. I sure hope they can see my "tongue in my cheek" when I do this and don't take offense. A little verbal fun can be a good thing "Ah always says". I would like to think some of this banter will keep this forum from becoming like some of the boring classes I've had.
smile.gif

quote:Originally posted by 'zonie:

I do reserve the right to poke some fun at a few, but I reserve this for those people who post often and have proven to me by their other posts that they are good natured and can take it (and hand it out as well).
I agree that this is the approach to take. Sometimes the written word can be misinterpreted if you don't know a little about the person. Giving the newcomers a break is a great idea.
smile.gif

Waiting until you get to know the person before using sarcastic humor is a good idea.

People will always disagree over subject matter, but hopefully they won't reduce it to a personal level.

True 'nuff. A wink or a smirk don't transmit well over the typed media. A huge part of our brain is devoted to interpreting and recognizing facial expressions (that's why people are always 'seeing' faces in rock formations).

I have and do belong to several lists that are EXTREMELY hostile. I've kind of moved my stool in front of this site since I came across it because it is such a nice place to be. You should have been on the traditional archery site for the ATV Wars or the Fenced-In Hunting Campaign of 2002. Zowie!

Sorry if I offended any of you knuckleheads in the past; n'yuk, n'yuk.

You ain't offended me, humor is good for the soul, 'sides I enjoy seein' you and Musketman and 'zonie banter back and forth, never know whats coming next. Take care, Rick.

Hey,I'm a new member on this forum and have in no way been offended by anything that anyone has said. As a matter of fact,everything that has been said is quite helpful,even teaching an old dog like me some new tricks.

Perhaps the best approach would be for me to do like the producers of almost everything are doing these days. I could preface my comments with:

"Warning. The following is a politically incorrect comment intended to increase the jocular levels of this post. Offended persons should go get a beer and consider the source of the offense. The author means well but tends to upset sensitive people like yourself. You deserve much better than the following so please jump over the rest of 'Zonies bantering."

Than Ah could say what Ah wants without a hurtin am peoples feelin's. Th' problem are that the warning takes up more room than ma answer an it sounds like it are ritten by some big shot lawyer whats gets paid fer his stuff.
grin.gif

Latest posts

Back