• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just Signed Up

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebby53

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey,
Just joined the board. Never knew it was out there. How long has it been around? Anyway, nothing to post, just sayin' HI !
grin.gif

Welcome HALF COCK...

The forum's Administrator, Claude Mathis has been a registered member since February 26, 1999...

Anyway, glad to have you.
grin.gif

quote:Originally posted by Half Cock:
Hey,
Just joined the board. Never knew it was out there. How long has it been around? Anyway, nothing to post, just sayin' HI !
grin.gif
Welcome to our Forum Half Cock. We're glad to have you.
smile.gif

Actually, the 1999 date is a little off. This version of the Forum has been online for a little over a year.

HOWDY FELLAS!!!!!.... I'm "new" here myself even tho I ben shoot'n muzzleguns for a liddle over 30 years!!

Here's wish'n you all a "MERRY CHRISTMAS" from Wyoming!!

YMHS
rollingb

Your 'moniker' is a little suspicious rollingb...seems like you may have shot a Rolling Block or two.
wink.gif

I only joined a few days ago and already I'm of the opinion that the fellas around here seem pretty nice. No one seems to be attacking anyone else and not all hold the same opinions. A nice balance.

Voyageur

Yea everybody gets along pretty well here. A little bit of ribbing once in a while between in-lines and traditionals, no body takes it serious though. Every one of us is here to learn something we don't know and pass on what we do to those who need the information. Take care, Rick.

Voyageur,.... Yeah!!.. I've ben known to shoot a BPCR'er two.
wink.gif

My main "love" is traditional muzzleguns tho!!
smile.gif

Come to think on it...I've made a few BPCR to look like muzzle loaders. As a matter of fact, I believe Weber drew one using a RB in one of Baird's books.

I've even seen fellas shootin' roundballs out of BPCRs...worked pretty well at 100 yards too.

But I guess there isn't anything like a pretty fullstock well made flinter...they seem to drip 'grace'.

Voyageur

oh come on now fellers.....the purtiest hybrid I ever saw was a Gemmer Sharps....ramrod under the barrel in thimbles and that big ol' side lock a'hangin' there just beggin' to be cocked...an' slingin' a big ol' hunk o' lead outta that long, heavy, octagon barrel....it war jes' a work o' art!!! prolly gave rise original like to the moniker "pisn' slinger"....

Vic

Latest posts

Back