• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kansas Muzzleloading Deer Season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The gun is cleaned and in the truck along with a bunch of other stuff. Kansas muzzleloading deer seasons starts tomorrow. I plan on hitting some of the public land around Tuttle Lake near Manhattan. I'll skip my back yard that backs up to the lake as my neighbors that feed the deer wouldn't be too happy with me. :grin:

Good luck Jake. Probably a good call on the neighborhood deer. :hmm:
I still have to get up to Osky to get my tags.. :redface:

Not much active deer sign where I went this morning. I think the deer are pretty scattered and spending a fair amount of time closer to farm fields than in the heavy wooded areas. One area I hunted last year has been closed until Sept. 16th. Also the fields in that area are fallow and have no grain crops. Still it was fun to get out and tramp around in the woods. I may have to go back and pester a couple of chattering squirrels with the 32.

Post some Pics when you get a deer.
I plan on going this weekend to public hunting around Kingman lake.

Jake I used to rabbit hunt the sand hills near Pratt and I saw some very nice bucks there . Good luck . :grin: Tom

Paul it looks good over were we got your turkey if you want to do some hunting. Give me a call if you do we can sneak a few hunts in over there during the early season.

Good luck Jake!

Tracy

Thanks Tracy I appreciate the invite, just got my tags yesterday.I'll give you a call soon.

I did some scouting yesterday on some walk in hunting areas. one area had some deer trails and maybe a few bedding areas, but no real fresh sign such as new tracks or droppings. The other area was mostly pasture with few trees. The third area I scouted is fairly large and still has cattle on it, but may be promising. While in that area I talked to a local guy and he gave me permission to hunt on his adjoining 80 acres with a small pond.

He was giving me the eye ball from his yard as I was driving around the county road by the WIHA. So, I stopped in and introduced myself and told him what I was doing. A little curtesy sometimes goes a long way. I asked about hunting on his land and he said go ahead.

That was nice of him Jake. Shows it never hurts to ask. :thumbsup:
Good hunting. :hatsoff:

I would still get it writing, it might help you if a game warden stops you and asks you for a permission slip. It would prevent a trip to the guys house and a days loss in hunting.

Back