• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kentuckey Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerry

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Wick,
I tried to send you a message but I'm on your ignore list. Your message to me didn't come through.
Gerry

quote:Originally posted by Wick Ellerbe:
Now can someone tell me how to reverse what I did? Go to your "Profile".

Click on "Ignore List" and uncheck Gerry's name. Save changes
smile.gif

I got .495 round ball with the pistol and I couldn't get it down the barrel with a patch so used it without. I will try .490 balls next time. I haven't been able to take the gun apart yet. Perhaps instead of pouring hot water down the barrel, I'll try just swabbing the barrel with hot water, then oiling it when it's dry. I have been using Bore Butter with my other front loaders but after reading all the posts against it on the forums, I think I will go to regular oil.
Gerry

If the gun is a caplock, just stick a length of surgical tubing over the nipple and drop the other end into a pan of water, doesn't need to be hot really, pour a bit down the barrel and pump with a wet patch, this will clean the breech, bolster, nipple as well. dry well with patches, pipe cleaners and Q tips or a blow dryer will aide in drying the bolster after removing the nipple, lube with whatever you chose and check for a couple of days with a dry patch to see if rust has begun.

Back