• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lancaster Squirrel Rifle (J.Hagy/Hagee)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallbear

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I posted some pics of this rifle while it was in progress.It's a .36 cal Lacaster rifle in the style of a Lancaster builder by the name of John Hagy/Hagee.It was on my table at Lewisberg in the white for those that stopped by.As always comments and questions are welcome.

Mitch Yates
044_zps972aa9e3.jpg

026_zpsd81f1d89.jpg

045_zps0e31cc92.jpg

012_zpsf37a0154.jpg

040_zps3c5f29c8.jpg

024_zps97bdf062.jpg

Great looking rifle! I bet that would be a lot of fun to shoot....................watch yer top knot..............

Looked her over good and it gave the impression that it was the work of an accomplished craftsman/artist. Your carving is excellent along w/ the architecture. From a blank?

Two more questions...bbl size and stock stain and finish....like the low sheen.....Fred

Thanks Fred,yes it's from a blank.

Barrel is a 44" B weight Rice .36 cal.

Finish is Aqua fortis stain of my making,Sealer coat of seed-lac and top coated with Jim Chambers oil finish.Then it's rubbed back with pumis and rottenstone in oil until I get the look that I want.

Mitch

It turned out Fantastic :thumbsup: :thumbsup: That's a great looking rifle. :bow: :bow:

What's the total weight?

If I were a squirrel..This is the rifle I'd like to get shot by! :thumbsup:
The warmth and glow of the finish catches my eye.
Thanks for sharing....Dan

Great looking rifle and a true work of art. It captures my attention. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Is the patch box a replica of one of John Hagys rifles?
Don

Don
Yes this patchbox shows up on a couple of Hagy's surviveing rifles.He also used a similar box, but it had a small daisy finial found on other Lancaster builders rifles.

Mitch

Back