• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lard and baby blankets

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohio ramrod

75 Cal.
Reaction score
Well Yesterday was typical Ohio deer hunting weather. Rain, rain, and some more rain. We had a three hour window between ten o'clock and one o'clock with only steady light rain. I had my cap gun loaded and the cap and nipple well covered with lard, while my nephew and his boys had their rifles lock areas wrapped in baby blankets. They were on stand while I drove the multiflora rose gullies for two hours, All guns fired when needed and we got three deer. Not a bad day!

CONGRADS to ALL of you. = Any day that you get more fresh venison for the freezer is a GOOD day, regardless of the weather.

yours, satx

Congrats on the deer taken. You had more guts than I, here around Columbus we had monsoon rain at times. I had enough rain during the gun season. You were a better man than I. DANNY

Latest posts

Back