• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Last day

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalejrfan308

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Saturday is the last day of deer season in my part of North Carolina. This is my first year hunting with traditional blackpowder and while I'm yet to kill a deer with mine, I've thoroughly enjoyed carrying my .62 cal smoothbore fowler through the woods. Hopefully I'll be posting some pics Saturday afternoon, but if not it's all good. There's just something really satisfying about it all. Maybe it's the connection with the past. Maybe it's the definate leveling of the playing field between man and beast. Maybe it's the dumbfounded stares and dropped jaws of hunting buddies who now fear I've lost my mind. Whatever the reason, I do foresee my centerfire rifles collecting a lot more dust in the future.

I know what you mean. All my inline buddies couldn't believe I took my first deer with a flinter. I have yet to bag a deer this year and this weekend is my last chance too. Hope to see some pics, and good luck!!

Get out there and hunt brother. It ain`t over till the fat bi-ch sings :grin: If ya think it`s fun now, wait till ya get that first kill with a primative weapon. That`s bragging rights for sure.
Good Luck
Eric

I think someone asked me if I was going to scope mine, but they had a smirk on their face when they said it.
Like the others said, you're never gonna forget your first experience taking a deer with your smoothie. I can still remember the crack of my rifle on chilly, quiet morning. The smoke just hung in the air and the buck in my profile pic threw up his head and let out a bugle like a bull Elk after he was shot. Two doe were with him and they ran around in circles a couple of times before trotting off. Yup, never going to forget that!

No deer, but me and my brother put 6 roundballs through an old posted sign from about 50 years and filled the woods with a nice blanket of thick, white smoke. :wink:

Back