• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Last grays of this season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The older I get the faster time flies. Another squirrel season has slipped on by. Our season goes out the 29th but this morning was the last chance I'll get to go an I didnt get very long at that. I got 2 in a little over 30 minutes so I dont guess I can complain to bad cause I have put 31 in the freezer this season an have taken all them with a flintlock an felt like a kid agian doing it. So here's to the tree rats an some good stews an dumplins of the 2011/2012 season :hatsoff: :hatsoff:
001-1.jpg

Excellent. You pretty well summed up what the BP game is, for me. And apparently for you. Feeling like a kid again, doing something which gives so much pleasure yet is so simple has to be good for the psyche. Sometimes when I'm on one of those simple little hunts I just can't keep from giggling in amazement at how much fun I'm having. In my case, that's not what being old is supposed to be about, is it? :haha:

Thanks.

Spence

80 gr of Fg followed by 1 wonder wad on top of powder then a 1/8 inch hard cardboard followed by 1 1/4 oz of #6 shot then a thin overshot card. I prime with FFFg. It will bring em out of a tall whiteoak :thumbsup:

Roy the reason they came over here is they know us bama rednecks MISS :idunno: lots more than we hit, but we aint shy bout burning powder. Goex will make more :thumbsup:

wattlebuster said:
Congrats on a great season! Thanks for sharing the great hunting pic's... Very Nice Kit!,,, Only 7 more months till the opener!

Good job Wattlebuster..Them bushytails better surrender before you annihilate em.. :surrender:

:rotf: :rotf:

Congratulations. Looks like you had a good season. Nice picture of rifle and everything.

I envy ya! I wanted to go out the last day of squirrel but had to work! UGHHH! Always next year I spose! Your right about time FLYING by..It seems like yesterday that I was trotting through the woods with my Dad Bunny hunting...now there are hardly any bunnies to hut around here..and lets just say my trotting days are behind me!.. :shake:

Back