• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE LAST PRICE REDUCTION Handmade Flintlock Lancaster Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ats5331

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Last Price Reduction.

For Sale: Flintlock Lancaster Rifle

Handmade from a plank by yours truly. The stock is cut from the mountains near my house (air dried multiple years). Beautiful grain and curl. A very small section behind the tang has silver wirework.

Rifle made in the style of the Lancaster, PA school. Colerain Barrel is 42 inches long and .50 caliber. Lock is an L&R that works smoothly.

Length of pull is 13.75". Fresh off the bench and shot just a few times.

Feel free to PM with questions.

$1950 plus shipping.

Best,
Allen

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-06-06 at 9.28.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-06-06 at 9.28.46 PM.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2024-06-06 at 9.29.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-06-06 at 9.29.02 PM.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2024-06-06 at 9.30.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-06-06 at 9.30.48 PM.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2024-06-06 at 9.31.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-06-06 at 9.31.18 PM.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2024-06-06 at 9.32.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-06-06 at 9.32.24 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2024-06-07 at 7.13.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-06-07 at 7.13.14 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2024-06-07 at 7.13.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-06-07 at 7.13.31 PM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Do you still have the target you used to test out the rifle? What load were you using? Why didn't you brown the barrel and lock?
Peter,

I did not save the target, but used an 80 grain powder load (what I use to hunt).

In regards to your question about browning the lock/barrel, to quote the man who first started teaching me about rifle building, "Why brown a barrel when God will do the work for you?" That being said, I do keep it well oiled for maintenance reasons.

Happy to answer any more questions you may have via PM, reply, or phone.

Best,
Allen

Why didn't you brown the barrel and lock?
Not in the market for a gun at the moment, but this appears to be a well executed example. Guessing you would prefer to see a rough casting (not polished) finish, browned to go with a non draw filed browned barrel, with a nice shiny bowling ally type polyurethane finish on the wood? I understand that many of the guns for sale here have browned barrels and non polished browned locks, but it just isn’t correct. For me, I wouldn’t consider purchasing a gun with ‘contemporary’ finishing to wood (I particularly ‘like’ the ones that look like they were done with brush) and metal without a significant discount below the unmolested kit or parts set cost. Too much work to undo and correct things.

Now someone comes along with a nicely made gun with proper looking finish and folks don’t appreciate it for what it is.

OP, hold your price, the gun will sell.

Not in the market for a gun at the moment, but this appears to be a well executed example. Guessing you would prefer to see a rough casting (not polished) finish, browned to go with a non draw filed browned barrel, with a nice shiny bowling ally type polyurethane finish on the wood? I understand that many of the guns for sale here have browned barrels and non polished browned locks, but it just isn’t correct. For me, I wouldn’t consider purchasing a gun with ‘contemporary’ finishing to wood (I particularly ‘like’ the ones that look like they were done with brush) and metal without a significant discount below the unmolested kit or parts set cost. Too much work to undo and correct things.

Now someone comes along with a nicely made gun with proper looking finish and folks don’t appreciate it for what it is.

OP, hold your price, the gun will sell.
Kind words and compliments, they are much appreciated sir! Thank you.

Back