• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Late season rooster.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I still hunted a late season rooster this afternoon.

Using my Parker Hale Enfield p61 smooth rifle loaded with 1oz of rough home made shot and just 3/4 the volume of powder I got me this nice edible bird at about 17yards. Wad was just 4 OS cards with a good splodge of home made lube between them.

endojan007.jpg

Brits.

Brits,
That is very cool! :thumbsup:
A late season bird like that is one of the more difficult critters to hunt. They didn't make is thru the season being stupid or lucky - they are the smart ones. To take one like you did makes it a real trophy. Homemade shot...?

Nice pup too!

Sounds like you had a good outing !

And a possible capion for that pup might be:

"...now close the darn flap on this blind...its cold !! "

:grin:

medic302 said:
good job brits, how'd you get him?

These birds are living in an area that has no shooting.Finding refuge and good food from corn put out for race horses.

I shoot upto this land and noticed some birds roosting in a small copse that I could set the blind in and wait for a bird to show. As I shoot alot of varmints that eat them I thought I would treat myself to one.

It was great watching all the other bird life going on around me as I waited.

The flame and smoke also fullfilled another need of mine that I just can not shake off :wink:

Good luck to all :hatsoff:

B.

Back