• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

LC Rice requests no more custom lock work

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barbie

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Ok, first, moderators, I'm not sure where to put this topic so please move it if it needs to go in another category. Thank you.

LC Rice has asked me to make this post of his behalf and for everyone to please pass along this information to all you know.

LC will no longer be able to do any custom flintlocks repairs or builds from here on out. As our premier lock builder here at Chambers we are keeping him so busy that he is no longer able to keep up with any outside work. Right now he is working over 45 hours a week on just our production lines. So since he describes himself as a "low tech redneck without internet service or the acumen of its use," he has requested the I notify the members of our muzzle loading fraternity that he will no longer accept any lock repair work. He hopes that you all understand and thanks each and every one of you for your support to our muzzle loading heritage and for allowing him to have been of service since 1973.

For lock repairs and the such going forward he is referring people to Brad Emig of Cabin Creek Muzzleloading at (717) 757-5841

If you have any questions or if I can pass along a note to LC for you please just let me know. In the mean time I'll keep him busy making great locks for us here at Chambers.
Thank you,
Barbie

And just a bit of clarification on my part... :grin:

If you have a lock that is built by Chambers then it should always be returned to us for repairs. The request above from LC pertains only to the side work he has been doing repairing L&R locks, Davis locks, and other odd ball locks for years. He just doesn't have the time to take on those projects anymore.

Thank you Barbie.

Just so this is clear,

"HEY YOU GUYS!

DON'T SEND YOUR L&R OR DAVIS OR OTHER LOCKS TO L.C. RICE FOR FIXING OR TUNE UPS ANY MORE!

BARBIE HAS HIM BUSTIN' HIS BUTT MAKING LOCKS FOR CHAMBERS AND HE DOESN'T HAVE TIME TO MESS WITH THE OTHER LOCKS ANYMORE.

SEND YOUR L&R AND OTHER LOCKS TO

Brad Emig of Cabin Creek Muzzleloading at (717) 757-5841

FOR FIXIN'."

Sure hope I got that right. :grin:

Or you could just send all those other locks to the recycle bin and buy a nice new Chamber's siler lock.

Or how about back to the manufacturer if there is a problem? Thanks for the update Barbie. I have used Chambers, R E Davis and Mold and Gun Shop locks and never had an issue with any of them.

I will put them in the recycle bin for you! Send them to me. I'm just providing a community service. :v

I had a broken spring on a Chambers Lock. called to order a new spring and they insisted i send the lock back to them. it was returned repaired and tuned 2 days before i got it to the post office. i could not believe how fast they turned it around.

Back