• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

left hand kentucky rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brfire

32 Cal.
Reaction score
This has probably been posted before but here goes...I am looking for a left handed kentucky flintlock rifle.Not a lyman gpr or Hawken. Does anyone know where I can get one that won't make my wife throw me out cuz I had to sell the kids to get it?

...no such beast...get a right handed one like I did, cabelas (pedersoli) kentucky for short money...saved my pennies for a semi-custom lefty, then sold the righty...or sell the children, you can make more later :thumbsup:

I bought my parts for my Tennessee rifle at Trail of the Wolf for just over $600.
They sell left kits for just over $500.
I searched everyhwere couldnt find a better deal.
I spent like $535 for my basic kit then added the parts I wanted in the kit that didnt come with it.
I had to sell some guns and parts to help the pain.

First lefthand rifle I bought was a Southern Mountain Rifle in .50 cal. from Dixie Gun Works. A bit on the chunky side, but all in all a good gun. If memory serves, it cost me just over $300.00. Course, the sun has set more than a few times since then. I believe Dixie still carries that model, but I don't know what the current price is.

Is the style of the Kentucky rifle or is it the long rifle that you are looking for? Here is a few from dixie that you can look at. Dixie TN Mtn. 50 cal LH kit
Dixie TN Mtn 50 cal flint LH
There is also a gun store here in OH, West Jefferson that is selling a left handed poorboy style flintlock for $650 - 750, can't rember exactly the price, but looks good 50cal flintlock. If you or anyone is interested I will get his name and address and you can contact him if he still has the gun for sale. :m2c:

I think its the long gun look. I have left hand hawken caplocks and I want to get into flinting.

Back