• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Left Handed Flinter Kits .54 Cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi-I have just joined this forum. Happy New Year!I used to use this forum 10 years ago(if its the same one). I'm from Colorado. I have shot and hunted with muzzleloaders a lot; but have been very dissapointed with the crowd of hunters during muzzleloader season in Colorado. I am rebelling against the inline revolution and am planning hunts in states adjacent to me where I can have some solitude. I just ordered the Lyman Deerstalker for a hunting gun in lefthanded flint. My next goal is to build a kit.
There are very few lefthanded guns or kits around.
Any suggestions for a first timer building a kit in left handed flint?

arkrivco

"love those old guns"

Don't know of kits, but I bet they are out there. You might want to consider building "from scratch." It is a lot of fun.

I built one ( a lefty) for a friend many years ago, and he gave me a batch of wood. That pile of wood has kept me in stock material for 20 years. :grin:

Good luck to you in your search.

This very same question, or very similar anyway, comes up about once a week. Do a search for "left handed kits" in this forum (Flintlock Rifles) and see what pops up. If you don't get the answer you want, at least you should be able to be a little more specific in what you're looking for.

Pecatonica River doesn't offer a "kit" per se, but do have precarved stocks and parts available to build your left handed flinter. Sort of an advanced builder kit. Good luck. Emery

You can get a Jim Chambers Issaic Haines kit for a lefty!
[url] http://www.flintlocks.com/rifles02.htm[/url]

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back