• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

left handed flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evan9201

36 Cal.
Reaction score
does anyone know who produces a left handed flintlock that wont cost me a fortune?

I have two: a lefthanded Lyman GPR, and a lefthanded Lyman Deerstalker....if you check MidSouth Shooters Supply, they seem to have them in stock most of the time, and at a good price...
Hank

Lyman is the only company out there. Other options are custom built, used or build one yourself.

That all depends on what you consider a fortune.

If you want a decent longrifle in the white & finish it yourself, you might call Tip Curtis Frontier Shop. Tip usually has 75 to 100 rifles in stock & over half of them will be in the white & reasonably priced. ($800 - 1200)

Here is his number if you want to call him : 615-654-4445

Traditions makes leftys.
I know(arghh-Traditions)!
My son has a lefty DeerSlayer,it has never given him any problems and shoots real nice.

evan9201 said:
does anyone know who produces a left handed flintlock that wont cost me a fortune?
Cabela's lists (or did) some left handers in both flinters and percussion on their website. If i'm not mistaken built by interarms who also does at least some of the lymans.
I've got a LH .50 in percussion from them & for the price not a bad rifle.

I've got two Dixie TMRs in left-hand flint persuasion. Less than a grand in both, together (both bought used). They work really well, when I do my part. I guess they didn't make a lot of them, but you can find them occasionally.

Joel

SquirrelHeart said:
I'm with Birddog6. Give Tip Curtis a call and you will be glad you did!

Curtis

I guess you could call that a Tip from Curtis :blah: :grin:

Follow this link to RMC (Rightnour Muzzleloading Company) and take a look at their Accusporter LTD PRO. I don't own one but the feed back I have heard is good.
[url] http://rmcsports.com/catalog.htm[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Tip Curtis gets my vote!!!!

I built one of his LH Haines rifles this year and love it!!!!

Dang! I had no idea there were even this many left handed shooters on the board!

I'm the fortunate owner of a Rifle Shoppe left handed Baker rifle, acquired through an on line auction where no one else bid. It's magnificent, but new it would have been pretty steep.

Left-handed Traditions Deerhunters can be had for about $195 new--there is an online company, maybe Warner Guns--that sells them.

Deer Creek (no website, but they do phone sales) has some left-handed flintlocks for a little over $200; I think they've got CVA and Traditions, maybe in kit form, in some cases.

It's sure worth tracking down left handed flinters. The second time I touched off a righty, I got a great big flint chard imbedded in the soft flesh between my right eye and my eyebrow. Yup. Sold that particular flinter off in one big hurry.

when i get more funds in the near future i would be interested in getting a basic custom flintlock rifle in lefty. does anyone know of any custom makers in the new england area?.

I have been shooting RH rifles so long that it doesn't bother me, just have to remember to keep that right hand away from the pan. The last few years I have slowly been acquiring LH flinters and trying to dispose of the RH ones. Still have a few RH and will likely keep some; one is a swivel breech. Emery

To locate gunbuilders in your area, attend area BP gun clubs, and renezvous. Join the NMLRA and you will receive a list of all the clubs and area rendezvous at least twice a year. Talk to other shooters, particularly those shooting custom guns you like about who built them. Gunmakers don't have to live next door to you to produce a great gun for you.

When I decided I wanted a Left Handed rifle( first percussion, but then converted it to flint) I spent about 3 years talking to flintlock shooters, and trying various guns belonging to other club members. I went to other clubs, to rendezvous, and to Friendship, Indiana, to see and meet gunmakers on Commercial Row, and up in the primitive area camps. The education I received was well worth the time and effort spent, and allowed me to pick a gun and builder to make me the right gun. When I converted it to LH Flint, a local gunbuilder, who was a member of my club did the work. I have since had a fowler made for me by a local gunbuilder, who is also a member of my club. He did a very nice job.

evan9201 said:
T/C made left hande Renegades for a while...you see one turn up on the gun auctions from time to time.

In fact, you might give TC's Fox Ridge store a call...they may even still have a left handed one in their inventory stock...800-243-4570

I have a south paw Tennessee Valley Early Lancaster by Matt Avance. Terrific firearm and Matt and Toni are great to work with. Waiting time is about a year, last time I looked, but well worth the wait.

Back