• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

lefty guns? necessary?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoot a under hammer does not matter.No,I'm left handed my other rifles all are right handed.I like the lock on the right side, did shoot a left handed one rifle didn't like the lock on the left side."JUST ME"

aztimberwolf said:
Is it dangerous for a lefty to shoot a right handed percussion? and is it difficult to cock?

The reason I ask this is because I may be able to get a .50 hawkin in left handed, but if I later decide to get a .32 Crockett,
i'm afraid I would be reaching for the wrong side of the gun for the lock out of habit, of using the .50

Like many lefties, I'm also a righty.

I shoot a Whitworth right-handed, and a Musketoon, too, but I shoot a 45-70 High Wall, rather than a Sharps, just because it's more comfortable to do so without that enormous hammer taking your attention....

tac

I would think that one would find the cheek rest on the wrong side not a particulary good thing but many get by with this handicap.

aztimberwolf said:
Is it dangerous for a lefty to shoot a right handed percussion? and is it difficult to cock?

The reason I ask this is because I may be able to get a .50 hawkin in left handed, but if I later decide to get a .32 Crockett,
i'm afraid I would be reaching for the wrong side of the gun for the lock out of habit, of using the .50

Another thing to think about is a righ handed rifle made for a lefty. Just ask RC.
http://www.roystroh.com/S6300325.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back