• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

lets hunt together....flintlock that is...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob1961

62 Cal.
Reaction score
well i've been inquirering to some members on this fine forum for some hunting this winter here in the northeast corner of PA by means of pm....so i might as well make formal now....i have some guys already and would like to meet some more guys or gals on here and to meet in person to find some good friends for the future....most of one that know me from here i hope you would think i'm a good guy....so if it's not a intrustion i hope to hear from some of ya...most of ya know i'm one for giving back to nature with my turtles....

173361.jpg

173368.jpg

216645.jpg

216436.jpg

216432.jpg

216434.jpg

thank you................................bob

I dunno. :hmm: Shootin turtles don't sound like much of a challenge. ::

Does PA have a "short" small-game license? One or three-day, say? I'd go for it. Or, just a "shoot-the-cans and bull" get together would be fun. Set up some clay pigeons at 100 yards and see who lives right. :haha:

Stumpy ~ We do have a 7-day small game license. It can be yours for $31! Lots of grice down here...

$31!! :shocking: American money!! :eek: You got some of those 150 lb. rabbits or sumpin?

Can I pick seven Saturdays? :haha:

I'll do it if you promise to leave your uniform, pistol and attitude at home. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: Maybe we can talk Keith into joining us. He may even raise a gun to his shoulder down there. He was too pooped to where I marched him in the highlands. ::

We can stay at my hunting camp, which is just south of Vestal about 15 miles. Another camp member and his Dad will be in to flintlock hunt and I've already talked a couple other officers who have tags left to join Bob and me so we may as well have a good time of it. Bring yer shackles...

Date(s)? This upcoming weekend is the end of NY (late M/L) and I've already got my spot picked out for that, and the next two are holidays (that family stuff, ya know).

Not to mention the bare livingroom with fresh plaster work on the walls and ceiling needing priming and painting that THE ADMIRAL keeps mentioning, since mid-November, like I should have some involvement in it. :yakyak:

Bob, your invitation to hunt together during the up-coming PA Flintlock Season is certainly appreciated. As I told you in another thread a few weeks ago, I would be hunting during the rifle season (with my flintlock) on SGL 116 in Pike Co. I hunted for three days and didn't see a deer, and we hunted well beyond the parking areas.

I am retired, and plan to hunt as much as possible during the flintlock season, and I would definitely be interested in a NE PA hunt with other flint and steel folks. I'll look forward to more specifics.

Much obliged for the invite!

Bob,.... By tha time me'n my critters trek thet far,.... it'd be time fer us to turn'a round and start back home!!

But thanks fer tha "invite", I'm sure you fellas will have lots of fun!! :haha: :thumbsup:

YMHS
rollingb

I like the idea. When? I'm afraid the flintlock deer season won't work for me but chasing grouse or bunnies later would. Hell, a target shoot would be great as far as I'm concerned. Besides, it's embarassing making Stumpy carry my possibles up the hill. :haha:

Hey Bob, I just seen your post about getting people together for some hunting and the pics of your turtles. I had to call my wife over to see your post. I had a eastern box turtle for 14 years that was named Bob...(no offense intended) Years after we got bob, we found out that bob was a female so we called her bobbett. I got her right out of the egg in Queens NY for my sons. My sons are now grown up and living in California and bob didn't get that much attention so we let her go in the back yard this past summer. I think about her often and I hope that she will make it. If I could, I would take her back in a minute. I got 30 acres in wayne co outside of beach lake and I plan to hunt it after Christmas. That would be great if we could get another flinter or two for a morning stand hunt along with a afternoon drive.
Gerry

love to join in the hunt but im joining my bro at his camp in elk county but next year if it`s still an invite .thumbs up

Neat pictures Bob. For those of us who haven't been around for long, tell us the story about the turtles. Pretty cute little guys for something that could take your hand off when grown. :)

Dave

The PA flintlock season doesn't open until 27 Dec. It runs until 15 Jan. Plenty of time to put something together. Grouse and rabbit are in at the same time. River Rat, you're close enough that you can't say no. As a matter of fact, I'm planning on hunting SGL 219 with whomever shows up. There's lots of deer left there and with 5600 + acres, lots of room. The only day that isn't good for me is 28 Dec. Other than that, my boys and I are ready to lock and load! I have a hunting camp that will sleep 8 or so. Give it some thought and let's put something together. Rick

Dog-gone! I've got a PA license, but I didn't get the muzzleloader deer tag. Now I wish that I had.

I've got a great rabbit dog, if you or anyone has a black powder scatter gun & wants to spend a day chasing bunnies.

I live in the Town of Binghamton, about 4 miles from the PA line.

If you're there on the 28th Jerry, you'll be mighty lonesome! That's the only day that's not good for me! Rick

I am interested Bob. I was going to go to French Creek a couple of days then up towards Kempton area if all was dry. Planned on gunning solo/primitive, but would be cool to meet some of yall. Let me know some partics and hopefully it works out well.

Back