• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lets see your Squirrel rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R.J.

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Anybody out there have a favorite Sguirrel rifle? If so,lets see em. :thumbsup: I love pics :grin: .

My favorite rifle no matter what it's putting in the freezer. Squirrels to Buffalo :thumbsup:
I've been carrying it for 30 years so it's an old friend.

DCP_1181.jpg

DCP_1176.jpg

DCP_1179.jpg

That looks like a rifle I could get used to being around :thumbsup: . Looks like big trouble for the tree rats for sure.

Good looking companion you have there F.H. Kinda has that "been there,done that look to it" of an old friend. Nice!

Marshal said:
Anybody out there have a favorite Sguirrel rifle? If so,lets see em. :thumbsup: I love pics :grin: .

Here's my Early Lancaster .50 cal.. :wink: .. Like the one guy said, its what i use whether it be a squirrel, rabbit, deer, or bear... :thumbsup: Some day, if i get lucky enough and get drawn, i'll get to chase one our newly opened season, East Tennessee "Elk's"... :shocked2: ... Ya never know. :grin:

DSC00040_edited.jpg

These are some nice rifles fellas. The possibles are cool too. Nice bag une carabine :thumbsup: . Is it your own creation?

Marshal said:
These are some nice rifles fellas. The possibles are cool too. Nice bag une carabine :thumbsup: . Is it your own creation?
Funny you should ask that... :haha: ... The bag and the rifle are the only 2 things in the picture that i didn't make, but i will take credit for the rest... :thumbsup:

This is my .36 caliber squirrel rifle that I finished this year. It's my interpretation of a Melchior Fordney longrifle. I hope the bling on the wrist doesn't scare the critters!

Fordneyfinishedlockside.jpg

Fordneyfinishedcheekside.jpg

Hmm, every one so far is a flinter. Not that there's anything wrong with that at all! :v

Is it heresy if I post a capper? My squirrel Rifle is a .36 poorboy, curly ash stock.

Horn3.jpg

bioproof,Yipes! There is abosolutely nothing wrong with that bling :hatsoff: . Beautiful rifle for sure.
colmoultrie,That's a dandy poorboy and nothing wrong with cappers. I was thinking long and hard about a curly ash stock for mine. But, I decided to leave that for the next one. (A good reason to build another if you know what I mean :wink:)Good looking rifle you have there.
Jethro, You guys are killin me with these carved tree rat whackers. Beautiful rifles one and all. That baby just looks like a whole bunch of dead squirrels to me. She's a dandy.

I had posted this on a different thread earlier, but here is my .32 squirrel rifle:
32cal3.jpg

32cal1.jpg

Emery

Back